African Hiphop Veteran, Environmental Biologist and Founder of Multikraft Media, Fecko don drop hin own version of Kendrick Lamar's Humble with an awesome 2D video!
Years back, while I was still a toddler in Calabar, the easiest language to flow with folks and peers was Pidgin English. This was because of its dexterity and street acceptance. I remember vividly, when I was flogged by my teacher in front of the class for speaking ‘’Nigerian Pidgin’’ which was out rightly referred to as the ‘’Motor park English’’ – (Simplified and informal English for Touts and nuisance in the society). After the incident, I was forced to hate the language of the ‘’street’’ and the common man. Today, Nigerian pidgin has evolved. Brands want to relate with it; because it is the simplest means of reaching out to every people in different clime – (Rural or City). We now have RADIO and TV stations that produce pidgin content and I am sure my teacher listens to and enjoys them as well. There have always been arguments as to which Nigerian Language should be made the national language. No consensus has been reached from such arguments in times past as a res...
Rapper and Entrepreneur, AQ is setting standards for independent artistes in the digital age. If the corporate sponsorship, tours and record labels won’t come through, he has his own plans all worked out, eventually eliminating the middleman and reaching the fan directly. Blessed Forever is in digital stores. Check out what we chopped up with him.
Comments
Post a Comment